The hearings agenda in the second week of FebruaryFebruary 11th, 2017
"journalists against torture" observatory is publishing the most outstanding investigation hearings or the trials of journalists during the second week of February. They are:
Sunday 12nd of February
* south Cairo criminal court, held in "Eltgamo Elkhames" court, is considering the trial of the ex-minister of culture "Gaber Asfour" and three journalists in "Elbawaba news" newspaper including "Mohamed elbaz" the executive editor in chief, and "Nedal Mamdouh" and "Mohamed Hamdy Ahmed", editors in the dame newspaper, in the case numbered 9836 for year 2016 misdemeanor Qasr el-neil court, recorded with the number 7 for year 2016 press total middle Cairo, that was postponed the last hearing for service.
Monday 13rd of February
* The criminal Cairo court, held in police academy by the judge "Mohammed Sheren Fahmy", is going to held a hearing in the trial of 48 accused of "murdering Mayada Ashraf" that was postponed the last hearing for allegation for recusal of the court.
Tuesday 14th February
* Dokki misdemeanor court, held by the judge Moustafa Rabie, is going to helda the first hearing of the trial of the editor in chief of "Elyoom Elsabee" newspaper and the executive editor in chief and the general manager and a journalist in the same newspaper, of being accused of insulting and slandering the general secretary of the sufi liberation party.
*22 circuit of trial criminal south Cairo court in Elabassya, will determine the decision in the case filed by "Ahmed elzand", the ex-minister of justice, against the council of the unfastened party of the liberation and justice, and the ex-editor in chief of "Elgomhoria" newspaper and the general secretary of the journalists syndicate, and "Safwat Omran", a journalist in the same newspaper, of being accused of insulting the judicial authority, and insulting and slandering the ex-minister of justice.
Wednesday 15th of February
* the total middle Cairo prosecution, held in south Cairo court in zienhom, the renewal of remanding in preventive custody for all of "Hamdy Elzaiem", a journalist in "Elhayah" newspaper, and "Mohamed Hassan", a journalist in "El-nabaa" newspaper, and "Osama Elbeshbeshy" ,a journalist in "Balady" news agency.
this in the case numbered 15060 for 2016 misdemeanor Qsar elniel, that they are accused of joining an illegal organization and publishing wrong news that harms the national security and photographing without permission
* Dokki misdemeanor court, held by the judge "Mustafa Rabiee", is going to determine a decision in the protest of the press writer "Abdelhaleem Andeel", the editor in chief of "Sawt Elomma" concerning the sentence of imposing him a 10 thousand pound fine, and obliging him a 10 thousand civic compensation for being accused of insulting and slandering the businessman "Samir Zaki Abdelkawe".